How to Apply
The 2023 application period will be open from October 1, 2022 to January 5, 2023.
1. Please review the program website prior to starting your application.
2. Register for an account by clicking here
3. Complete the eligibility questions. Click here to see the Eligibility Requirements.
4. Prepare and upload the following documents to the site:
- A personal statement (2-3 pages) describing your relevant career interests and past experiences in your area of interest and how experience at NOAA will fit into your career goals. Please include mention of which NOAA Offices, Centers, or Labs you are most interested in and why.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume. You are not limited to one page.
- A transcript (unofficial is sufficient) from your current institution and your prior institution if you are a transfer student. If you are graduate student, please include both undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
4. Two letters of recommendation must be submitted on your behalf. At least one reference must be from a professor or academic advisor. The second reference may be either an academic reference or a character reference that can speak to your capabilities and interests as they relate to the internship. You are responsible for checking your application status online to ensure both letters have been submitted.
Please note that verbal acceptance of any internship offer should be considered equal to written acceptance. Please do not accept the offer if you have any doubts or are awaiting other internship opportunities that you prefer.