How to Apply
The 2022 application period will be open from October 1, 2021 to January 15, 2022.
1. Register for an account by clicking here
2. Complete the eligibility questions. Click here to see the Eligibility Requirements.
3. Prepare and upload the following documents to the site:
- A personal statement (2-3 pages) describing your relevant career interests and past experiences in your area of interest and why you are applying for the Lapenta internship. Please include mention of which NOAA Office, Center, or Lab you are most interested in and why.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A transcript (unofficial is sufficient) from your institution
4. Two letters of recommendation are required to be submitted on your behalf. At least one reference must be from a professor or academic advisor. The second reference may be either an academic reference or a character reference that can speak to your capabilities and interests as they relate to the internship. You are responsible for checking your application status online to ensure both letters have been submitted.